The LSR-7 Educational Therapist is responsible for assisting families and schools for better success. This can be done by linking students and families with resources, and coordinating services in the community and eliminating possible barriers to the learning process. Strong collaboration with administrators, counselors, school social workers, therapists in the district, and community organizations is critical. Each Educational Therapist will serve a high school feeder system. This organizational alignment assists the Educational Therapist in working with families with multiple children at different school levels.
The role of a counselor in the Lee’s Summit R-7 School District is to implement the Missouri Comprehensive School Counseling Program through:
- Helping students develop career/life skills
- Supporting student academic achievement
- Providing individual and group counseling to students
- Providing support during crises
- Working with parents, teachers, support staff, and community
For specific programs and contact information for the school your student attends, please contact their school or visit their counseling program website.