April 2, 2002 Bond and Levy Issues
76% for bond (passed – required 4/7ths) 62% for levy (passed – required simple majority)
Bond: 9,593 YES votes and 3,084 NO votes Levy: 7,841 YES votes and 4,816 NO votes
Bond issue: $67 million (no-tax-increase) Levy: 25-cent operational levy
- Lee’s Summit West High School ($46.5 million) — opened fall of 2004.
- Renovation of four elementaries-Greenwood, Lee’s Summit, Pleasant Lea and Westview ($7 million).
- Summit Ridge Academy (secondary alternative school) ($2.25 million).
- Renovation of Lee’s Summit High School ($7 million).
- Upgrade of instructional technology ($2 million).
- Relocation of and construction of Facilities Services ($1.75 million).
- Additional school buses ($500,000).
- Funding to hire additional staff to meet growth needs.
- Funding to provide salary increases for R-7 staff.
- Enhancement of instructional technology.
- Funding for a 7th- and 8th-grade middle-level education program.
- Funding for a gifted program for primary (K-3) students.