April 4, 2006 Bond Issue
75% for bond (passed – required 4/7ths)
Bond: 17,747 YES votes and 5,835 NO votes
Bond: $32 million (no-tax-increase)
- Construction of Summit Pointe Elementary School — opened fall of 2007.
- Additions at Pleasant Lea and Summit Lakes Middle Schools.
- Improvements/renovations at Bernard Campbell Middle School.
- Additions and improvements at all three high schools.
- Technology enhancements and improvements.
- Construction of new Stansberry Leadership Center on district owned land just east of LSNHS.
- District warehouse addition.
- Repairs and improvements at approximately two-thirds of existing R-7 schools.
- School bus purchases to meet growth needs, replace older vehicles.