April 6, 2004 Bond and Levy Issues
74% for bond (passed – required 4/7ths) 55.8% for levy (passed – required simple majority)
Bond: 10,662 YES votes and 3,756 NO votes Levy: 8,012 YES votes and 6,358 NO Votes
Bond issue: $25 million (no-tax-increase) Levy: 59-cent operational levy
- Construction of Longview Farm Elementary School — opened fall of 2005
- Additions at Pleasant Lea and Summit Lakes Middle Schools.
- Construction of new Great Beginnings Early Childhood Center — opened summer 2005
- Addition at Meadow Lane Elementary School.
- Technology enhancements and improvements.
- Numerous capital projects at schools throughout the district.
- Energy conservation improvements to increase efficiency, save costs.
- School bus purchases to meet growth needs, replace older vehicles
- Maintain school district’s quality educational programs in the face of dramatic reductions in state funds.
- Meet ongoing growth needs.
- Reduce class sizes that do not meet state standards.
- Reduce the number of elementary combination classrooms.
- Provide conservative salary increases for R-7 staff.