April 6, 2010 Bond Issue
65% for bond (passed – required 4/7ths)
Bond: 7,083 YES votes and 3,757 NO votes
Bond: $16 million (no-tax-increase)
- Hazel Grove Elementary – construction of first-grade classroom, art room, music room; renovations to office, focus room, staff work room; new public restrooms and storage areas.
- Bernard Campbell Middle School – new gymnasium.
- Pleasant Lea Middle School – remodeling of teacher planning center and student counseling area.
- Instructional and operational technology improvements.
- Resurfacing of all three middle-school tracks.
- Lee’s Summit North High School – two unlighted women’s softball fields.
- Lee’s Summit High School – 7,700-square-foot multi-use physical-education/activity/athletic building.
- Lee’s Summit High School – remodeling of current multi-use physical-education/activity/athletic building to create a district-wide robotics center.
- Renovation of existing tennis courts at all three high schools.
- Replacement of the existing grass turf at all three high schools’ stadiums with multi-use, all-weather artificial turf.
- Sixth phase of the district’s ongoing performance contracting energy-conservation efforts.
- Capital improvements at schools across the district including flooring renovations, painting, paving, roofing and general maintenance.
- New school buses and improvements to the existing bus parking area.
- Purchase of approximately 35 to 40 acres for a future R-7 middle school.