April 7, 2015 Bond Issue
79.3% for bond (passed – required 4/7ths)Bond: 6,413 YES votes and 1,675 NO votesBond: $40 million (no-tax-increase)
- New Summit Technology Academy / Missouri Innovation Campus
- Elementary school improvements – Greenwood Elementary ADA access and gym renovation; Hazel Grove Elementary kitchen renovation; Longview Farm Elementary concrete at kindergarten wings; Lee’s Summit Elementary health room renovation, drop-off lane and kitchen renovation; Meadow Lane Elementary track upgrade/repair and basement renovation; Mason Elementary gym expansion, classroom renovation, ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) access; Pleasant Lea Elementary health room/office renovation; Prairie View Elementary north gym isolation; Richardson Elementary additional parking; Trailridge Elementary restroom sink replacement; Underwood Elementary cafeteria renovation.
- Middle school and high school improvements – Bernard Campbell student entry doors replacement and locker painting; Pleasant Lea locker replacement; Summit Lakes sound system; Lee’s Summit High School science classrooms renovation; Lee’s Summit North High School entry re-design (safety/security); Lee’s Summit West High School restrooms/concession area for baseball and softball area.
- Special education projects – Highland Park Elementary life skills classroom restrooms; Miller Park Center upstairs renovation, gym floor upgrade and kitchenette.
- Maintenance projects at numerous schools including playground work – playground safety upgrades to all elementary schools’ soft play areas and replacement of deteriorated play equipment; maintenance projects at numerous schools including flooring, carpet, ceilings, painting, roofing, paving, mechanical, doors, windows, FOBS, backflows, water sanitizing and masonry; capital projects included would impact all Lee’s Summit R-7 schools.