April 8, 2008 Bond Issue and Prop C Tax Levy Waiver Continuance
72.4% for bond (passed – required 4/7ths) 64.6% for Prop C (required simple majority)
Bond: 8,072 YES votes and 3,083 NO votes Prop C: 7,159 YES votes and 3,919 NO votes
Bond: $54 million (no-tax-increase) Prop C: 20 cent (no-tax-increase)
- Construction of Sunset Valley Elementary — opened fall of 2009.
- All-day kindergarten classrooms and support classrooms.
- Great Beginnings Early Education Center – construction of two classrooms.
- Mason Elementary School – Addition of four classrooms, school improvements and new cafeteria/kitchen space.
- Hazel Grove Elementary – remodeling of classrooms and office area.
- Lee’s Summit High School – improvements in classrooms, broadcast journalism editing studio and family and consumer science rooms.
- Lee’s Summit North High School – Addition of industrial technology lab, band storage room, docking/mechanical space and hallways.
- Lee’s Summit West High School – planned addition of 18 classrooms to increase school’s capacity by 357 students.
- Instructional technology.
- Miller Park Center, remodeled facility to serve special needs students previously served outside district.
- R-7 Aquatic Center, self-supporting swim/dive facility — opened fall of 2009.
- Marching band uniform replacement at LSHS and LSNHS.
- Portable bleachers (district-wide use).
- Capital projects (repairs and improvements) at several schools/other sites.
- School bus purchases/parking lot improvements.