February 8, 2011 Levy Issue
63% against levy (failed – required simple majority)
Levy: 9,664 NO votes and 5,709 YES votes
Levy: operating tax levy increase of $0.89 per one hundred dollars of assessed valuation for general operating purposes
- Maintain the quality of programs and services for students.
- Allow the district to avoid most of the approximately $6 million in additional cost containment for 2011-12 and 2012-13.
- Eliminate a portion of current cost-containment measures.
- Limit further class size growth.
- Protect R-7 property values by ensuring continuation of our quality educational system.
- Limit elementary combination classrooms in the future.
- Provide resources for the district to work toward its goal of comparable salaries for teachers and staff.
- Allow the district to “continue its legacy of excellence” for all students.