What is a School Counselor?
The role of a counselor in the Lee’s Summit R-7 School District is to implement the Missouri Comprehensive School Counseling Program through:
- Helping students develop career/life skills
- Supporting student academic achievement
- Providing individual and group counseling to students
- Providing support during crises
- Working with parents, teachers, support staff, and community
For specific programs and contact information for the school your student attends, please contact their school or visit their counseling program website.