After Online Registration Opens July 29, Register by Aug. 19 for Bus Transportation the First Day of School
Registering for bus transportation is part of the online registration process.
Please note the following important dates for the transportation enrollment timeline:
Preliminary bus stop locations will be available for viewing on School Finder. You will find a draft version of bus stops, which are not final, and the list is likely to change before school starts.
Students must be enrolled through the online enrollment process to receive bus assignment and route information to ride the bus the first day of school.
- Transportation staff will be finalizing routes/bus stop times and communicating with schools their ridership information.
- Drivers will be using this time to familiarize themselves with their routes/bus stop locations and participating in safety meetings in preparation for Transition Day, Monday, Aug. 24 and the first day of school. Transportation will not accept new enrollments or changes
- Students who missed the Aug. 19 deadline, who are new or who have updated transportation needs can get scheduled.
- Depending on the number of changes, new enrollments and other operational issues, scheduling could take a few days. Please be patient. You will be notified when your student is scheduled for a bus.
Important note about alternate bus information: Students that ride more than one bus or have alternate bus addresses will need to go to their school to receive the alternate bus information. This may change if PowerSchool can be configured to accept alternate bus information.
Additionally, the safety of the approximately 14,000 students riding our district school buses to and from school daily is a responsibility we all share. It takes all of us working together – parents, bus drivers, teachers and school officials to ensure safety and accuracy for our students and community. With that, the following details are important notes as we begin the 2020-21 school year.
- All students must ride to school and home on their regularly assigned bus.
- The district requires consistent transportation schedules. Inconsistent schedules cause confusion for students and staff, resulting in increased risk for students. For this reason, students must have a consistent weekly schedule each day of the week.
- Any point of pick-up or departure different from the student’s home must be approved by the Principal.
- Building staff are responsible for placing students on buses; for appropriate communication lead times, any changes should be communicated to the school prior to 12:00 pm (noon).
- Drivers cannot transport students not regularly assigned to the bus without prior authorization.
- Students can only bring items, including instruments, onto the bus that fit on their laps and allow one hand to grasp the handrail during entry and exit.
For more information about LSR7 Transportation, please click here.