Bus transportation enrollment available within online registration portal
Registering for bus transportation to and from school is part of the online registration process. Please note the following important dates for the transportation enrollment timeline:
Wednesday, August 7: Students must be enrolled through the online enrollment process to receive bus assignment and route information to ride the bus the first day of school.
Friday, August 9 through Monday, August 12: Students who signed up for transportation by the August 7 cut-off date will start receiving their bus number, stop location and morning pick-up time.
Monday, August 19: Students who missed the August 7 deadline will start to be routed. This may take 2-5 days to complete. Parents will need to be prepared to arrange transportation for their student during this time.
Please note: Wednesday, August 7 – Friday, August 16: Transportation will not be scheduling new students, processing changes and/or adjusting routes, as these days are devoted to working with students already enrolled, balancing out routes, firming up schedules and allowing drivers time to familiarize themselves with their routes.
Additionally, the safety of the over 13,000 students riding our district school buses to and from school daily is a responsibility we all share. It takes all of us working together – parents, bus drivers, teachers and school officials to ensure safety and accuracy for our students and community. With that, the following details are important notes as we begin the 2019-2020 school year.
- All students must ride to school and home on their regularly assigned bus.
- The district requires consistent transportation schedules. Inconsistent schedules cause confusion for students and staff, resulting in increased risk for students. For this reason, students must have a consistent weekly schedule each day of the week.
- Any point of pick-up or departure different from the student’s home must be approved by the Principal.
- Building staff are responsible for placing students on buses; for appropriate communication lead times, any changes should be communicated to the school prior to 12:00 pm (noon).
- Drivers cannot transport students not regularly assigned to the bus without prior authorization.
- Students can only bring items, including instruments, onto the bus that fit on their laps and allow one hand to grasp the handrail during entry and exit.
For more information about LSR7 Transportation, please click here.