Lee’s Summit high school students earn recognition at Missouri Youth in Government state convention
Students from all three of Lee’s Summit high schools earned special designations at the Missouri Youth in Government state convention the last week of November.
Lee’s Summit High School
- Aidan Clark served as the 2018 Lieutenant Governor
- Sebastian Mayhugh served as the 2018 Speaker of the House
- Sen. Anna Stephenson was awarded a Best Senate Bill Award
- Sen. Grace Stephenson was awarded an Outstanding Statesperson Award
- Sen. Payton Stropes had her bill sponsored by the youth Governor and was the first bill passed by both houses and signed this year.
Lee’s Summit North High School
- Senior Grant Godard was the Missouri Secretary of State, elected by his peers last year.
- Senior Matthew DeBacker was selected Floor Leader of the Missouri House of Representatives.
- Junior Mimi Brown was the Secretary of the Missouri House of Representatives, responsible for the counting and recording of votes on all legislation.
- Senior Jack Graham was selected as Chairman of a Senate Committee while Senior Natalie Temple was selected as Chairman of a House Committee. Both were responsible for reviewing and recommending legislation.
- Senior Autumn Edwards, Senior Xavior Lewis, and Sophomore Abby Fry represented LSN as judges in the Missouri Judiciary
- Xavior Lewis became the first LSN student in school history to serve as both a judge and attorney in the State Convention
Lee’s Summit West High School
- Lieutenant Governor Neily Randall
- Speaker of the House Mason Williams
Best Judicial Mentor -Maryam Khalil
Best Judicial Newcomer – Alton Simpkins
Best team player – Uzoaku Okafor