Lee’s Summit R-7 high schools announce 2018-19 theatre schedules
All three Lee’s Summit R-7 School District high schools are planning for an exciting theatre season with productions beginning in September and running through next spring. Theatre schedules follow, including contact information and websites for each school. All three high schools will also present yet-to-be-announced productions at the school district’s One-Act Play Festival on November 30, and December 1, at 7 p.m. at LSHS.
Lee’s Summit High School
- To be announced.
- Based on the popular movie, this musical tells the story of a Chicago dancer’s relocation to a small town where dancing is a crime.
- November 9-10 and 16-18
Repertory Revue Show
- Cabaret-style performance with refreshments.
- To be announced.
- February 22-23 and March 1-3
Repertory Theatre class choice play
- The Repertory Theatre class will choose a play to stage as part of their curriculum.
- Upperclassmen produce and perform in short plays.
Lee’s Summit North High School
For a complete schedule, show tickets and additional information about the LSNHS shows, visit www.lsntheatre.net or call (816) 986-3031.
The Addams Family
- Based on the characters from the popular TV series, this musical follows Wednesday Addams as she grows up, meets a preppy boy and begins to see the world in brighter colors than black. (Rated PG).
- November 9, 10, 16, 17 at 7 p.m. and November 11 at 2 p.m.
The Secret Garden
- Adapted by Thomas W. Olson from the children’s book by Frances Hodgson Burnett, this play follows young orphan Mary Lennox who discovers a neglected garden in her new home in England with her reclusive uncle. (Rated PG)
- February 15-16 at 7 p.m. and February 17 at 2 p.m.
Repertory and IB Theatre Classes’ Production Series
- Titles and showtimes to be announced.
Lee’s Summit West High School
Information about all LSWHS productions is available at www.lswtheatre.com. Tickets for all plays will be $6 in advance and $7 at the door. Musical tickets will be $9 in advance and $10 at the door.
- A young couple hoping for an escape from the city buys a cheap, spooky house on a cliffside where a murder may have occurred years before. (Rated PG)
- August 31 and September 1 at 7 p.m.
- Two titles to be announced.
- September 28-30
- Packed with iconic songs from the legendary group ABBA, this musical chronicles the story of a daughter, mother, and three possible dads. (Rated PG)
- November 3 and 9-10 at 7 p.m. and November 4 and 11 at 2 p.m.
It’s a Wonderful Life
- December 14-16
Oedipus and Antigone
- Two classic Greek tragedies chart a family drama starting with Oedipus, King of Thebes, and ending with Antigone, Oedipus’ daughter.
- February 1-2 at 7 p.m. and February 3 at 2 p.m.
- February 15-16
- In this hilarious farce, a plucky community theatre attempts a disastrous production of a murder mystery play.
- March 1-2 at 7 p.m. and March 3 at 2 pm.
Repertory’s Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre
- April 24 and 26