Summit Technology Academy opens classrooms to community next Thursday, February 7
Summit Technology Academy will host an open house from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 7, at the Missouri Innovation Campus, 1101 NW Innovation Parkway, Lee’s Summit, MO.
All STA classrooms will be open to view during the open house. Teachers and students will be available in their respective classrooms to answer questions about each course from STA’s five career pathways: Engineering, Computer Science, Health Science, Human Services and Finance, and Arts and Communication. Please read below to learn more about the breakout sessions for early planners and sessions to learn about STA Signature Programs.
Students and parents can learn more during presentations in the Event Center, Room B101. Here is the presentation schedule:
- 6:00-6:30 PM- “STA Overview & Early Planners”
- This session is designed for those who want to hear an overview of STA and for middle school and freshman students and their parents to learn how to prepare for STA.
- Click here to learn more about early planning for STA
- 6:45-7:15 PM – “Accelerated Early College Program Breakout Session”
- Students who take one of the MIC early college degree aligned courses at STA their junior year AND have a 3.0 unweighted GPA/95% attendance may also participate in a university partnership program called Missouri Innovation Campus (MIC), in which students begin to earn a bachelor’s degree while still in high school.
- The bachelor’s degree is offered through the University of Central Missouri- Lee’s Summit. This program helps to significantly reduce the overall cost of a bachelor’s degree. Students will participate in extensive internship opportunities with top companies in the KC area.
Click here to learn more about the MIC program.